The Australia Arab Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AACCI) was delighted to host the Dubai Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Trade Mission to Sydney & Melbourne on 25-29 June 2018.
The FDI Dubai Trade Mission was led by HE Mr. Fahad Al Gergawi, CEO Dubai FDI and included senior representatives of a number of trade free zones: Dubai South, Dubai Science Park, Dubai Silicon Oasis, Dubai World, Jebel Ali Freezone Authority, Dubai Exports and Dubai Multi Modal Commodities Centre.
Dubai ranks third in the World Global Infrastructure Investment Index (2016), with major projects such as Dubai Expo 2020 and Universal Studios and Sony theme parks culminating in world class facilities leading the way for the region. Strategically, Dubai is a gateway to access over 2.4 billion consumers in the region.
The key objectives of the trade mission were:
· To raise the profile of Dubai in this important global market and demonstrate Dubai’s interest in developing mutually beneficial business partnerships
· To engage with government, research organisations and Victorian & New South Wales companies to advance trade opportunities and investment interests for Dubai.
Dubai FDI Government Trade Mission focused on a number of key sectors of interest: Aerospace, Advanced Technology, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Retail, Hospitality, Food Products and Agriculture.
The key focus during the trade mission was on the one on one targeted business matching meetings with the New South Wales and Victorian businesses. The delegates of the representative freezones discussed the most opportune strategy options for partnerships, offshore business expansion and accessing new markets via Dubai.
Among the immediate benefits from the Dubai FDI Trade Mission program gained by the participating NSW and Victorian businesses, many of which were AACCI members were:
· First hand insights into Dubai’s thriving economy
· Guidance of how Australian business can take advantage of opportunities in Dubai
· Networking with key industry sectors and
· Establishing connections and relationships
The Dubai FDI Trade Mission has been rated as very successful. Post mission, AACCI NSW and AACCI Victoria will continue to work closely with Dubai FDI to ensure all opportunities are effectively followed up as well as channel any interests from Victorian companies to the relevant free zones in Dubai.