Australia Arab Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AACCI) Victoria was delighted to host the Dubai Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Trade Mission to Melbourne on 28 and 29 June 2018.
The FDI Dubai Trade Mission was led by HE Mr. Fahad Al Gergawi, CEO Dubai FDI and included senior representatives of a number of trade free zones: Dubai South, Dubai Science Park, Dubai Silicon Oasis, Dubai Health Authority, Dubai World, Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority, Dubai Exports and Dubai Multi Modal Commodities Centre.Dubai ranks third in the World Global Infrastructure Investment Index (2016), with major projects such as Dubai Expo 2020 and Universal Studios and Sony theme parks culminating in world class facilities leading the way for the region. Strategically, Dubai is a gateway to access over 2.4 billion consumers in the region.
The key objectives of the trade mission were:
• To raise the profile of Dubai in this important global market and demonstrate Dubai’s interest in developing mutually beneficial business partnerships
• To engage with government, research organisations and Victorian companies to advance trade opportunities and investment interests for Dubai.
Dubai FDI Government Trade Mission to Melbourne focused on a number of key sectors of interest: Aerospace, Advanced Technology, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Retail, Hospitality, Food Products and Agriculture.
The two day business program facilitated by AACCI Victoria comprised:
• A welcome and roundtable meeting with Trade Victoria, Invest Victoria and the Department of Premier and Cabinet
• Dubai Advantage Seminar presented by the visiting free trade zones to Victorian business and organisations and
• A business networking lunch, which generated high interest and attendance
• Roundtable meeting and discussion with the City of Melbourne international team and affiliated orgnaisations as well as
• Business visits to: the Australian Synchrotron, CSIRO, William Angliss Institute and Schiavello.
However, the key focus during the trade mission was on the one-on-one targeted business meetings with the Victorian businesses, where the delegates of the representative freezones discussed with the Victorian businesses the most opportune strategic options for partnerships, offshore business expansion and accessing new markets via Dubai.
Among the immediate benefits from the Dubai FDI Trade Mission program gained by the participating Victorian businesses (many of which were AACCI members), were:
• First hand insights into Dubai’s thriving economy
• Guidance of how Australian business can take advantage of opportunities in Dubai
• Networking with key industry sectors and
• Establishing connections and relationships
The Dubai FDI Trade Mission has been rated as very successful. Post mission, AACCI Victoria will continue to work closely with Dubai FDI to ensure all opportunities are effectively followed up as well as channel any interests from Victorian companies to the relevant free zones in Dubai.
AACCI appreciates the support of the UAE Consulate General in Melbourne in organizing the Dubai FDI Trade Mission program. AACCI also acknowledges the collaboration with the Australia Business Council in Dubai (ABCD) and CBD Corporate Services for sponsoring AACCI to successfully deliver the Trade Mission.
For further information please contact:
Executive Officer Victoria
Australia Arab Chamber of Commerce and Industry
M 0409 775 001